Monday, October 18, 2010

An amazing movie...

Well, as our teacher wrote in her own blog, I have written about my favourite movie too. It was on the first semester, for the blogs too. In that opportunity I said the film I like the most was “The Lion King” and I keep it.

But this time I am not going to talk about the same movie (though I could copy paste it… but I won’t :P ). In this occasion I will write about one movie that I saw some time ago. And it was: “Shutter Island”.

My brother has bought it (not the original, cause it was still on the cinema :O),so I watched it at home. I loved it because of many reasons. First of all, because the actor who is playing the main character is Leonardo Di Caprio… and I love him!! I don’t care if some people say he does not act very well, cause he is one of the best for me and that’s all I care.

But, besides, the director of this film is really good. Martin Scorsese has made many excellent movies, for example, “The Aviator” (with Di Caprio, too). And in this one he obtains an amazing story.

“Shutter Island“ is a psychological thriller film based on Dennis Lehane's novel of the same name. The main character is investigating a psychiatric jail located on the island with the same name. He goes there with his assigned partner to investigate the disappearance of Rachel Solando, a patient who apparently vanished.

The entire movie seems to be one, but at the end it is completely different (I won’t tell you why, if you have not seen it). Scorsese achieve his objective: he makes you believe something and then it is not what you thought (though I wasn’t really sure of it on the last scene).

Actually, it is one of the best films I have ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. Good life for piracy, jajja

    I haven't seen it, but i've heard is a good movie, for more reasons than Dicaprio, jeje

    Great post. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, Katia!! As usual ;)
    Keep up the good work!!

    I only found one tiny mistake: Scorsese achieveS his objective.

    Only that, but I really like your writing and I think you will succeed as a student in the UK 1313

    ReplyDelete