Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Protecting the environment...

Well, today we have got an interesting topic, although I don’t practice it so much.


First of all, according to me, people learn about environmentally friendly practices in their own families. If the parents do not teach to their children how to protect the nature, they can not know if to throw paper in the street, for example, is right or not. It depends on the education from the family and, of course, the school.


Personally, I have not incorporated recycling into my habits. It doesn’t mean I’m going destroying the environment along my life, but I am not the kind of person who always goes to special places to throw plastic or glass.


I usually use the car or Transantiago buses to go from my house to somewhere. And I must say I don’t like to have to walk every day 10 minutes to get the bus stop (from Monday to Friday), so my mom takes me, but only in the morning (though sometimes I call her in the evening… just when I am tired :P ).


I haven’t joined to any organization, like Greenpeace. Because I am not a fan of this topic. But it doesn’t mean I don’t care about it, ‘cause I hate the people and the companies which kill animals (whales, for example).


I would like to make something else to protect the nature, I don’t know what; maybe just contribute recycling materials (to start for somewhere).


Nowadays the carbon footprint is ”in”. Talking about what I have done to reduce it, I think I haven’t done so much. I know, I should… and I will try.


In our society, especially in the cities like Santiago, we need more information about this kind of topic. Most of people know the basic, but we all must take more care and protect the environment.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you: is very important that parents teach the importance to care environment.
    Jajaja our post are too similar! I like Greenpeace too, and I don't use the car and travel in transantiago :P

    ReplyDelete