Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A beautiful memory

Today I have to choose a photo… I thought it was going to be more difficult, but it wasn’t. I selected one in which I appear with my family, I mean, my mother and my two brothers.
I don’t really remember who took this photo, but I guess it was a little boy called José Tomás (he is like a cousin).

In the picture we were in our holidays. These were in Pelluhue… before the earthquake…
Well, of course you can see we are all posing. In front is my older brother, Tomás. By my side are my next brother, Mateo, and my mom, Lorena.

The day wasn’t so beautiful, because it was cloudy and the sun often disappeared. In the background you can also see the sea (which was cold, by the way).
The photo was taken in the afternoon. It was windy, so it wasn’t so hot, but neither too cold.

I like this one because I am with my family. Besides, it has an extra value for the reason that it was taken in Pelluhue just a week or so before it changed… Here I get a little “mamona” (I don’t know how to say it in English). I remember that village, my uncle’s house in there, the beach, the people… Sorry, but I am too sensitive :P
The place was lovely. I had been there many times. Now I hope to go there again… maybe on winter holidays. I would really like to.

But not every memories are so emotional. I really had very good moments there. I shared with the people I love (my mom, my brothers, my aunts and uncles, my “cousins” and other friends). And I know I will have many other memorable moments. I have no doubt about it.

5 comments:

  1. I like this photo. It makes me emotional too, I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact that I'm ill hehe

    No, but seriously. The phot and your words about it are great. Excellent work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful picture... I love cloudy days... and I love my family too!!

    Take Care! see ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo... it looks like there wasn't any people on the beach besides you.
    It's the perfect picture to frame...
    Bye, see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should pick a photo with my family as you did... those are my favorite pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, holidays...I need holidays

    ReplyDelete