Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The one concert

I’ve not been to many concerts in my short life. In fact, I think I have been to only one, because I just remember when my parents took my brothers and me to the El gusto es nuestro’s show.


All I know is I was too little (I guess I was 6) and I liked so much the performance of the Spanish singers. These were Joan Manuel Serrat, Ana Belén, Víctor Manuel and Miguel Ríos. They joined to develop the project called El gusto es nuestro, which was a tour around Spain and Latin America.


My dad and my mom loved their music. I think because of that I learnt to appreciate it too. Besides, their songs were very good and really big themes. For example, “Sólo le pido a Dios”, “Penélope”, “Hoy puede ser un gran día” and many others.


The concert was at the National Stadium. I remember I was up a chair and I could see them (though I wasn’t at the first line, but I was close to them).

That was a great night.


While the artists were singing my dad bought the cassette (yes!!... It was many years ago!), so after the concert I could learn the lyrics and all the songs.


I must say I did not know too much about this singers until I was to their concert. But time after (years) I realized they were and they are really important artists.


This task has made me reflect on the fact that I should go to more shows… I think there will be enough opportunities… And I’ll have to take some of them.

5 comments:

  1. I really like Joan Manuel Serrat. His music reminds me to my father :) I'd love to see him live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like Victor Manuel =) but I prefer other kind of music... he is an exception.

    Take Care!!

    Bye!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor Manuel has a cool name but i don't know any of these guys. You should go to more concerts it's fun...
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents love them ! And me too, of course =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you stock famous people too!
    I knew it!
    They should be careful

    ReplyDelete